University of Ballarat
Swinburne University of Technology
The National Centre for Sustainability at Swinburne delivers quality educational programs and works in partnership with industry, government and community to support the development and implementation of sustainable practices. The NCS offers a range of services including:
- Specialised courses and accredited training programs
- Research in the area of corporate and community sustainability
- Facilitation of behavioural change programs using community based social marketing
- Advice and guidance on sustainable, industry specific business strategies and methods of implementation
- Project management, independent evaluation and reporting
- Market research and stakeholder engagement
- Research and development of new educational programs
Sunraysia Institute of TAFE
Sunraysia Institute of TAFE’s National Centre for Sustainability Office manages events, conducts training and works with local and regional stakeholders to foster positive environmental attitudes and behaviour.
The National Centre for Sustainability (NCS) operates from the Mildura & Swan Hill campuses of Sunraysia Institute of TAFE. It works with local stakeholders, community and government agencies to achieve sustainability gains in renewable energy, land and water management across the Sunraysia region. To achieve this, the Centre:
- identifies potential sustainability gains
- initiates sustainability projects
- engages community partners
- enhances the capacity of partners
- implements physical change
- provides project management
Tropical North Queensland Institute of TAFE
Tropical North Queensland Institute of TAFE is committed to leading the way in vocational education, training and capacity building for a sustainable future. Servicing Australia’s iconic Tropical North Queensland region – home to the Wet Tropics and Great Barrier Reef world heritage areas and the wilderness of Cape York Peninsula – the Institute works in partnership with community, industry and government to support the development of sustainable practice. Our capabilities include:
Learning and teaching
- Delivery of sustainability vocational education and training programs;
- Introduction of new sustainability training programs in response to demand;
- Development and delivery of customised sustainability training to clients;
- Development and delivery of staff professional development programs;
- Organisation and hosting of VET sector events e.g. Skills for Sustainability Forum.
Industry and community
- Development and delivery of customised sustainability training to industry;
- Development and facilitation of partnerships to build community capacity in sustainability;
- Participation in local, regional, state and national sustainability initiatives;
- Organisation and hosting of community events e.g. Green Living Expo;
- Sustainability advisory services;
- Provision of sustainability information to the community.
- Implementing sustainability policy and practice in the regional, rural and remote VET sector;
- Integrating sustainability into VET programs;
- Management of and participation in sustainability action research projects.
South West Institute of TAFE
Challenger Institute of Technology
Challenger Institute of Technology consists of campuses and centres along the coastline south of Perth from Fremantle to the Peel region and inland to Murdoch. Challenger Institute is the preferred choice of more than 25,000 full-time and part-time students applying for a huge variety of careers, courses and subjects.
Challenger Institute has several industry training centres to provide quality training for our industry and community clients. The Centres are closely aligned to the needs of industry. They are focused on targeting their training and employment services for the wider community including for diverse, and in some instances, disadvantaged groups.